Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back With A B!asta

Feders Baby, owner and designer of B!asta, has been one busy lady since taking a little vacation. Scores of hunts, a new group gift and adding a few items to the Designer Circle are just a few of the things keeping her hopping. She did manage to slow down enough though to answer a few questions, so enjoy a look in to her mind as you look over some of her creations.

B!asta: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Alanya%20Bay/153/83/2124

:ONE IN A MILLION: (gold) - Wrap Top in Nine Colors with mesh Denim Skirt in Five Sizes

 
Lets start off with your SL experience and what led you in to design and fashion?
"I have been a SL resident for more than 6 years now. In the first place, I came here to have fun and meet new people, like everybody else i guess. After a few years, I wanted to try something new. Since I have graphics training (Computer Design & Graphics) in RL, I thought that I could try making some clothes in SL.
I love working with graphics and Photoshop - so what brought me to fashion design in SL is not so much my love for the fashion world per se, but more my love for computer graphics. And then of course it's fantastic to see that people actually like the things I create - that's what really gives me a kick every single day :)"

 
Upcoming events:
Twisted Hunt 10 - starting Sep 1st.
Hello Titty Tuesday - starting Sep 3rd.
Bewbapalooza - starting Sep 5th
Lubbly Jubblies - starting Sep 15th

 
What hes been the most difficult part of the design process for you?
"To step out of the crowd of "SL players" and to become an "entrepreneur" - who also needs to be able to digest negative critics and complaints. At least in the beginning, I was not self-confident at all, and so negative feedback in an early phase of my fashion designing career would have stopped me from designing clothes at all."

:HEAVENLY: - wrap top in seven colors with white mesh shorts in five sizes
This and :One in a Million: available at the Designer Circle, from Aug 18th to Aug 31st.
 

 
Where or what do you draw inspiration from for your designs?
"In the first place I try to make clothes that I would like to wear - be it in SL or even in RL. I also get a lot of inspiration from my favorite designers in Second Life, above all there's Sn@tch, to name only one. But of course there are lots of very talented designers out there, and some of them are extremely inspiring."
 

 
Do you have a line you are particularly proud of?
"Not a line, but I'm proud to say that I create all the textures for my stuff by myself. I'm using some fabrics and applications from texture stores in SL, but I would never just drag a simple prefabricated texture onto a full perm mesh model and sell it as "my creation" - I always hand-texture my stuff, and that's what makes them unique."

:FLORENCE: - The August group gift - group tag needed - One time join fee 50 L$, monthly FREE group gifts & more!

 
What has been the most, and least, rewarding part of owning a store in SL?
"The most wonderful experience is when people give their (hopefully positive) feedback - and when they actually send a message just to say "thank you for the wonderful gifts/discount items/prizes" - that's what makes my heart jump every single time :)
On the other hand, ungratefulness can spoil all the fun - when people complain about a gift for example, or if they approach you in an inappropriate way, disrespectful or unfriendly. But I'm glad to say: these things happens very, very rarely - most of my customers are just fantastic!"

 :SPRIZZ: - Hunt gift for the "Seasons Palette 3" hunt, starting on August 20th. FREE.

 
What sort of advice would you have for someone just starting out as a fashion designer?
"To stick out from the masses, you need to find your own style, make your own stuff and be unique."
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment